Halley points to a Dave Barry post (be sure to read the comments) about Cuddle Parties: "your worst nightmare that is supposedly "sweeping New York."" Pretty scary, the Cuddle Party site even includes rules for when you have a cuddle party:
- Pajamas stay on the whole time.
- No SEX. (Yep, you read that right.)
- Ask for permission to kiss or nuzzle anyone. Make sure you can handle getting a no before you invite or request anyone to cuddle or kiss.
- If you're a yes, say yes. If you're a no, say no.
- If you're a maybe, say NO.
- You are encouraged to change your mind from a yes to a no, no to a yes anytime you want.
- NO DRY HUMPING!
- Communicate, communicate, communicate.
- If you're in a relationship, communicate and set your boundaries and agreements BEFORE you go to the Cuddle Party. Don't re-negotiate those agreements/boundaries during the Cuddle Party. (Trust us on this one.)
- Get your Cuddle Life Guard On Duty or Cuddle Caddy if there's a concern, problem, or question or should you feel unsafe or need assistance with anything during the Cuddle Party.
- Crying and giggling are both welcomed and encouraged.
- Outside of your personal relationships, it's nobody's business who you cuddle, so please be respectful of other people's privacy when sharing with the outside world about Cuddle Parties.
- Arrive on time.
- Be hygienically savvy.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Always say thank you and practice good Cuddle Manners.
They also say that liquor isn't allowed, but this kind of event seems like the perfect place for MDMA.
So what does everyone else out there think? Is their skin crawling as much as mine?