< What is it about Wednesdays | Main | just spoke with greg's mom >

April 13, 2005

I'm in the car right now. Dad's driving and we're speeding up 84 to Boston, and I'm bored. At this point I'm just ready for this to all be over and done with. So I figured I'd see if I could get my computer set up to use my cell phone for connectivity and it's working just dandy. Pretty damn slick.

So the next step in all of this lung stuff is to get to the ER at Brigham & Women's Hospital (where I'll be having the surgery and recovering). Once there they'll take some blood, stick an IV in me and we wait for the lung to be ready. Beyond that we'll see. My guess is I'll be fully offline for at least the first few days. Though I'm sure they'll have me up and shuffling along at least a little even by tomorrow.

As far as visitors I don't think I get to have any right at first. My immune system will be fairly suppressed at first and they want to eliminate any chance of infection. Check back here for more details.

I still can't believe it has only been a week since I was last called. And they called during the day! That was the last thing I expected!

Posted by snooze at April 13, 2005 03:14 PM

Comments

Good luck! Hope everything goes smoothly, and congrats on getting The Call at last!

Posted by: Carneggy [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 03:40 PM

Excellent news! We're thinking about you! Good luck!

Posted by: ccaviness [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 03:57 PM

Holy cow!

Good lung! Er, luck! Er, lung luck! (Does one say "break a lung" when the lung is already broken?)

Posted by: Squiddhartha [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 04:04 PM

Go go Snooze!

Do your best!

We will be cheering you on!

See you when you get some wind in your new sails!

Posted by: jamespark [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 04:15 PM

OMG. omgomg.

jeezuz, greg! i wanted to be there with you...

crossing my fingers, and this is stupid, since you won't see this...

Posted by: chris [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 04:22 PM

Best of luck!

Posted by: Randomness [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 04:58 PM

Aww... how exciting and scary.

I'll be thinking of you, too! (At least it's a good hospital, eh? My best friend was born there!)

Posted by: Liberty [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 05:19 PM

Good luck, dear!

Posted by: Cygnoir [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 05:57 PM

congratulations on getting The Call, and best of luck with everything! i can't wait to hear more; i'll be thinking of you!

Posted by: Eclipse [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 07:06 PM

GREGORY! I can't believe the big day is here! OMG OMG OMG. You are in my thoughts. Love you!

keep us posted if you can!

Posted by: bree [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 07:40 PM

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!
CALL ME or MSG me or SOMETHING when you want visitors!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!!!! *bounce**bounce*

I'll be beaming every positive thought your way, sweetie. I'm SOOOO HAPPY for you!!!

-Amy

Posted by: plaidsheep [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 07:42 PM

Woohoo! Good luck! :D

Posted by: pasiphae [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 13, 2005 11:00 PM

! Still catching up on email; found your good news in Electriccat's LJ. Good luck!!!

Posted by: a_non [TypeKey Profile Page] at April 14, 2005 10:10 PM