: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /home/gblake/include/blogroll.class.php
on line 21
: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/gblake/include/blogroll.class.php
on line 40
Powered by Bloglines
< While the cats are away |
| The IT Crowd >
February 20, 2006
I took this test a good decade ago and am surprised to find that I got the same exact result. Though most of the explanations for the various numbers seems a little simplified to me (based on what I'd read in the past).
| the Peacemaker|
| you chose BX - your Enneagram type is NINE.
"I am at peace"
Peacemakers are receptive, good-natured, and supportive. They seek union
with others and the world around them.
How to Get Along with Me
- If you want me to do something, how you ask is important. I especially
don't like expectations or pressure.
- I like to listen and to be of service, but don't take advatage of this.
- Listen until I finish speaking, even though I meander a bit.
- Give me time to finish things and make decisions. It's OK to nudge
me gently and nonjudgmentally.
- Ask me questions to help me get clear.
- Tell me when you like how I look. I'm not averse to flattery.
- Hug me, show physical affection. It opens me up to my feelings.
- I like a good discussion but not a confrontation.
- Let me know you like what I've done or said.
- Laugh with me and share in my enjoyment of life.
What I Like About Being a Nine
- being nonjudgmental and accepting
- caring for and being concerned about others
- being able to relax and have a good time
- knowing that most people enjoy my company; I'm easy to be around
- my ability to see many different sides of an issue and to be a good
mediator and facilitator
- my heightened awareness of sensations, aesthetics, and the here and
- being able to go with the flow and feel one with the universe
What's Hard About Being a Nine
- being judged and misunderstood for being placid and/or indecisive
- being critical of myself for lacking initiative and discipline
- being too sensitive to criticism; taking every raised eyebrow and twitch
of the mouth personally
- being confused about what I really want
- caring too much about what others will think of me
- not being listened to or taken seriously
Nines as Children Often
- feel ignored and that their wants, opinions, and feelings are unimportant
- tune out a lot, especially when others argue
- are "good" children: deny anger or keep it to themselves
Nines as Parents
- are supportive, kind, and warm
- are sometimes overly permissive or nondirective
Renee Baron & Elizabeth Wagele
The Enneagram Made Easy
Discover the 9 Types of People
HarperSanFrancisco, 1994, 161 pages
You are not completely happy with the result?!
You chose BX
Would you rather have chosen:
| My test tracked 2 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:|
|You scored higher than 21% on ABC|
|You scored higher than 35% on XYZ|
Posted by snooze at February 20, 2006 10:50 PM
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Post a comment
LJ Users: You can now sign on via openID. Please enter the URL to your LiveJournal in the following space. For example, http://www.livejournal.com/users/yourLJnamehere.
Thanks for signing in,
Now you can comment. (sign out)
(If you haven't left a comment here before, you may need to be approved by the site owner before your comment will appear. Until then, it won't appear on the entry. Thanks for waiting.)