Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /home/gblake/include/blogroll.class.php on line 21

< I want a monkeycam! | Main | What Would You Have Printed >

May 16, 2006

More Surgery

I've kept fairly quite about this for no real good reason, but I'm having surgery on Thursday. I've had issues with acid reflux for years and years now and my lung doctors are concerned that it could cause complications with my new lung as time goes on (there's even some speculation that it could have been a factor in my IPF, but that's for another time). So Thursday I get to go into the hospital and get my esophagus tied off. This will prevent any acid from working its way up from my stomach. Though it isn't tied off tight enough that food can't get down.

They say I'll be in the hospital for four to five days. So my stay won't even be that long. I hope to have my laptop with me to make it all the more bearable. If you want to come visit I'll be posting updates on that too so check here for more information.

I get to eat tonight and then I'm on clear liquids till my surgery. Including having to drink a gallon of stuff to clean me out. I'm oh so thrilled for that. Wish me luck!

Posted by snooze at May 16, 2006 07:51 PM

Comments

Ouch :/ Good luck - I do hope it works out well.

Posted by: anotheranon [LiveJournal user info] at May 16, 2006 09:03 PM

*snug* G'luck!!

Posted by: sillywoppat [LiveJournal user info] at May 16, 2006 10:11 PM

well, you know i'm pulling for you. gah, for some reason, i didn't think you were going in so soon.

Posted by: sirhc_warrior [LiveJournal user info] at May 16, 2006 10:41 PM

Enjoy the Golitely...I hear it comes in "pina colonoscopy" and "Marian Barium" flavors now. Mmmm...128 Oz. of crooked mayor sure goes down easily on an empty stomach...

*grins*

E

Posted by: Ellen [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 16, 2006 10:58 PM

G'luck me boy!

Posted by: dieselgrrl [LiveJournal user info] at May 16, 2006 10:59 PM

Good luck man. o/

Give a post if you need anything.

Posted by: Mad William Flint [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 16, 2006 11:23 PM

Yikes!!!! best of luck, indeed! I am quite certain you could think of several thousand more pleasant ways to spend any given Thursday!!

Posted by: tashewolf [LiveJournal user info] at May 17, 2006 12:35 AM

Heal fast, Snooze! Love, Mom (Sus)

Posted by: Susie [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 17, 2006 12:46 AM

*hug* let us know how it goes... :) emily

Posted by: obliocat [LiveJournal user info] at May 18, 2006 03:34 PM

Just called the hospital and was told he's in the recovery room in stable condition. I'll post more when I speak to him, maybe later or tomorrow (or when he jumps online, he can post himself!)

Go greg!