Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /home/gblake/include/blogroll.class.php on line 21

< Video of the Day | Main | Escape from the Hospital >

January 16, 2006

Anime in the News

Yesterday, the New York Times had an article about some of the anime that is currently showing in the US. It's pretty good, though a little bit simplistic. The one thing I liked about it was that it was explaining a little of how these shows are different than the stereotype of what many people think anime is (Pokemon/Yu-Gi-Oh). The point where I feel the article falls a little flat is in its examples. While I enjoy Naruto, I think Fullmetal Alchemst might have been a better one to go into detail with. My guess is they were went with a show that was on at a watchable time.

It is nice to see some mainstream media coverage of anime that helps to show a bit of why I enjoy the method of storytelling so much.

Posted by snooze at January 16, 2006 12:14 PM

Comments

I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just got an IM from greg about an hour ago that he's "in for observation. but doing OK". He went in for a "bronch" today, which I think is a checkup.

I called the hospital about 45 minutes later (20 minutes ago--10 PM) and they said he's in ICU and is listed as "satisfactory". The hospital said he wasn't taking calls. I don't know what's going on and I am very nervous all of a sudden. If anyone has any information, please post it here?

Thanks.

Ellen

Posted by: Ellen [TypeKey Profile Page] at January 19, 2006 10:21 PM

OK, well, I've heard from his greg-ness, and although I don't know the details, I think he's OK. I'll know more when I call and speak to him, but I got a goofy IM back last night....

Slight update. JUST as I was about to post this, he IM'd me with "BOO" and "Hospitals suck". I'm guessing he's IMing from his phone, and as such is not quite Mr. Verbose. I also assume that means he's mostly OK. He's apparently not sure what's up, but I'm going to call and talk to him in an hour or so, and I'll post what I know when I do.

E

Posted by: Ellen [TypeKey Profile Page] at January 20, 2006 07:00 AM

E

Posted by: Ellen [TypeKey Profile Page] at January 20, 2006 07:02 AM

whoops. didn't mean to post that twice (obviously). Greg can clean it up when he gets home, which according to him, will be today. Apparently his Oxygen levels were a bit low and that was all, not a huge concern, and he's expecting to be fine. Sorry if I worried any of the 2 people who read these comments...;)

Posted by: Ellen [TypeKey Profile Page] at January 20, 2006 08:06 AM

I'm pretty sure there's more than two people who read this stuff. :-)

Posted by: ethan [TypeKey Profile Page] at January 20, 2006 10:03 AM