< not much change | Main | Safe passage, Gregory >

June 04, 2006

greg had a stable night

Eleanor called with a 'glass half full report'. Greg had a stable night last night. He's still on the ECMO and they're now increasing the length of time he's on dialysis.

tomorrow they're going to try again what they did on wednesday -- turn down the ECMO and see how his heart looks on the echocardiogram. hopefully it will go better this time.

Eleanor and Dale had the amazing opportunity to watch his doctors do a bronchoscopy on Greg. They verified that the sutures that connect his lung to his heart are still in good shape. They also saw no obvious infection. These are 'crumbs of hopefullness'.

The family is being mindful of the balance of doing things FOR Greg and doing things TO him. It sounds like they have a very supportive staff of Nurses at Children's, too. I am greatful for all they have done for Greg and his family.

I may have the opportunity to visit Children's hospital on Monday afternoon. I will be happy to take your comments to him -- read them to him, if I can. So please feel free to say as much as you need to Greg. If you'd prefer to email your thoughts for him privately, please do so at fontaholic *at* gmail *dot* com.

Posted by emily at June 4, 2006 11:11 AM

Comments

please tell him that i love him. that i miss him. and that i *expect* him to get better, dammit. that i NEED him to help me test out my massage chair. i got good feedback at the AIDS walk today, but i desperately need practice!

that i know he's tired, but we need him to keep slogging on. he still hasn't shown me the end of _Bleach_. or taken me somewhere to have sushi for the first time. there is so much stuff we were going to do together this summer, once all this school insanity was over. we were going to get him to a Renaissance Faire, finally. and going for walks, maybe. and watching movies. and me finally being able to stay awake past 11 pm!

but mostly that love and miss stuff.

mostly that.

Posted by: sirhc_warrior [LiveJournal user info] at June 4, 2006 03:18 PM

Emily, thanks as always for the updates!

gregory, you've got a mud full of people pulling for you and wishing you nothing but the speediest and best of recoveries. I've been watching Suzumiya Haruhi, and I need you to come back online so we can talk about it!

We'll all be watching for that moment when we can see "gregory stretches" once again!

Posted by: Squiddhartha [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 4, 2006 03:30 PM

Hey, Greg, add me to the list of people sending you good thoughts, wishing you well, and looking forward to seeing you really soon!

Posted by: perci [LiveJournal user info] at June 4, 2006 05:15 PM

Hey Greg! No fair hiding out in the wired for so long! You and me are supposed to go and have sushi at Bluefin again because I have to return your Lain DVD's to you.

I know we haven't talked in forever, but I do still care, and I am sending positive healing energy your way.

Get better already!

Amy

Posted by: electriccat [LiveJournal user info] at June 5, 2006 09:43 AM

I am so sorry to post this. We just heard from Rebecca that Greg is gone. Elle and Dale are on their way to Hartford and Rebecca will fly back up tomorrow.

Posted by: Friend of Blakes [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 5, 2006 06:32 PM

Posted by: Friend of Blakes [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 5, 2006 06:33 PM

Oh, no.

Oh no.

I am so, so, so sorry.

Posted by: Squiddhartha [TypeKey Profile Page] at June 5, 2006 07:25 PM

Goodbye, Greg. We'll miss you.

Posted by: mamamoira [LiveJournal user info] at June 5, 2006 07:40 PM

It is hard to even know what to say, except that we already miss you, gregory.

-R

Posted by: rfrancis [LiveJournal user info] at June 5, 2006 07:42 PM

Sorry to hear it.

You're one of the best, snoozles. Peace, wherever you are.

Posted by: littlebbob [LiveJournal user info] at June 5, 2006 08:01 PM