< same, but more hopeful | Main | not much change >

May 31, 2006

no change...

Greg's mom called to say there's really been no change today. More as I get it.

For those of you wishing to send cards, please send them to his parent's house at 194 Kenyon Street, Hartford, CT, 06105. I'm guessing he's not allowed any non-family visitors at this point, but will ask the next time I speak to them.

Sorry I don't have more news.

Posted by emily at May 31, 2006 08:49 PM

Comments

We appreciate any news we can get, Emily! And thanks for the address. Sadly, many of us are too far away to visit, even if allowed.

Posted by: Squiddhartha [TypeKey Profile Page] at May 31, 2006 10:14 PM

i left Eleanor a message, but told her not to bother calling unless their was a change. i don't want her trying to call all of us back, when you're updating again, which - thank you.

i'm so torn wishing there was more to be done. i just keep sending the energy and praying, but it doesn't seem like enough.

love and stuff. Greg, this is me flicking your nose and remidning you that we're not even half-way through *Bleach*. that you probably still have incriminating MUD transcripts on your computer somewhere that you need to come back and erase. that i'm going to feel like the world's biggest heel for not getting down to see you this pring, if you do something silly like take off without me.

K?

k.

Posted by: sirhc_warrior [LiveJournal user info] at June 1, 2006 01:01 AM

my best wishes, thoughts, and prayers with greg and his family.

Posted by: otakuden [LiveJournal user info] at June 1, 2006 08:45 AM

(We DO very seriously appreciate all updates, Emily! Some more than others for obvious reasons, none of which have to do with you per se.)

Okay, that's it, I get it, apparently you are bound and determined to make me sing Who songs -- no overwhelming treat, I assure you, but if you insist I am willing to indulge you. PLUS, I may very well be about to embark on My Own First AMV, all Fisher-Price style. I'm willing to bet you'll find the choice of music and subject matter as funny as I do; your call on the ante, but I'm afraid you shall have to be a bit more up & about for this bet to take place -- so get to it!

I spend a really large percentage of every waking hour working, but I'll make another deal with you in that if you get your butt in gear, I will come visit you wherever you like AND I COULD even be convinced to do some WoW thang. But, I am a mad promiser when so inspired, so it is up to you to collect.

PLUS!!! There's even MORE stuff going on that you don't even know about!!! So, I shall just keep you in suspense for now, preferably til you stop keeping everyone else in suspense. Fair deal? I think so! Don't welsh on any of this. Okay! Thankee!!

("you'd better you'd better you'd bet")

Posted by: tashewolf [LiveJournal user info] at June 1, 2006 10:32 PM

PLUS, I forgot to mention, but as many shows that need to be watched and to be discussed, there is just NO disliking this one -- really, I can tell -- and it's got 39 EPS!! Not translated yet, but, well, so?

See? Purdy picture, purdy and silly and funny and inneresting show.

Posted by: tashewolf [LiveJournal user info] at June 1, 2006 11:08 PM

[hi, it's emily. i'm having problems posting this update, so i thought i'd try to put this in the comments for now. if anyone out there is a MoveableType guru, let me know I can't seem to get the post to build properly, but I'm not doing anything differently!]
Greg's family met again today with the doctors. Although there hasn't been solid improvement, they have found a medication that is stablizing his heart rhythm, but he still having a problem maintaining a steady heart rate. The doctors are encouraged, and will keep adjusting things as long as they keep finding things that work. Greg is very sick. He won't be able to stay on the ECMO much longer. His lungs are holding, but the doctors are very concerned about infection because his defenses are down from the immunosuppresives they're giving him. The next two days are critical.
Eleanor asked me to extend her thanks to those of you who have been calling and leaving supportive, loving messages for the family. They really appreciate it and know you all understand that now is a very difficult time for them and they often don't have the energy to take many calls, or make a lot of return phone calls, but they feel blessed to have the support of all of you.
Keep the prayers and healing energies flowing. love you greg.

Posted by: obliocat [LiveJournal user info] at June 2, 2006 06:41 PM

so it seems the main page of Greg's blog is having problems re-building, so if you look at Greg's blog through this url: http://www.ezoons.com/health/ you'll be able to see the new posts as i make them. sorry about this folks. hopefully people will look in the comments...

Posted by: obliocat [LiveJournal user info] at June 3, 2006 09:47 AM

Emily- thanks again for the updates!

Gregory, please, please get your heart beating at a normal rhythm, leave the fancy beats and such for the records. You're heart is big and strong, I know you can make it back to us.

Posted by: jessicasystem [LiveJournal user info] at June 5, 2006 06:50 PM